Don’t Live a Roofing Nightmare. A roof accounts for only 10% of the total cost of constructing a building, but 90% of is problems down the road.
As the building owner, it is necessary for you to provide maintenance for your roofing system and related building components. This program will explain the benefits of roof maintenance, provide a helpful maintenance program, and caution you about the effects of not performing routine maintenance.
Even smart business owners and facility managers make costly mistakes when it comes to roof maintenance – or the lack of it. The goal of this section is to prove to you that maintenance does pay.
Why Do Roof Maintenance?
- Routine Maintenance will extend the life of your investment and lower the life cycle cost of your roof.
- Failure to maintain the roof may result in early deterioration of the roofing system.
- Repairs for deterioration from lack of proper maintenance are very costly and puts interior valuables at risk.
- Untreated deterioration can result in guarantee cancellation.
Below is a list of procedures to help you maintain your roof.
- Maintain Records
- Conduct Routine Inspection
- Inspect After Severe Weather
- Repair Correctly
- Keep Roof Clean/Debris Free
- Keep Metal In Good Condition