New roofing gives you the opportunity to cut cooling costs while improving curb appeal and resale value.
New roofing probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about home improvements that increase home value. But research done by Remodeling Magazine reveals that having new roofing installed can have a big impact on home value –specifically on home resale value.
5 Reasons to Install a New Roof
- Improved resale value. As mentioned above, a new roof increases home value by almost $12,000, according to the latest cost vs. value survey.
- Excellent appearance upgrade. New architectural-grade asphalt shingles provide texture and color options that are truly amazing. Who would have thought you could duplicate the appearance of a rustic slate roof using asphalt shingles? It’s possible with the selection of high-grade asphalt shingles available today.
- Longer warranties. Standard warranties for asphalt shingles used to be 15-20 years. Premium-quality asphalt shingles today offer warranties as long as 50 years.
- Cool roof technology. Believe it or not, some types of asphalt roof shingles have an ENERGY STAR® rating because they are designed to reflect solar heat, thereby reducing cooling costs.
- Avoiding building inspection issues. When a house goes on the market, the roof is one of the most visible features –not just to prospective home buyers but also to building appraisers and inspectors. A roof in poor condition can stop a home sale dead in its tracks. That’s why it’s smart to replace an old roof with a new one.
A new roof is a big investment and you should take the time to find a trustworthy contractor to complete the job. I advise never sacrificing quality for the price. How much should you expect a new roof cost? The investment varies depending on your location. This new roof cost guide will give you the average cost of installing a new roof in your area.